To all our Richland Virtual School families,
We are so glad you have chosen this new program to keep your children learning and growing through the 2020-21 school year.
Administrators are currently finalizing staffing and preparing to place students in classes and courses. We will share updates on those efforts in the coming days.
While your students will be assigned to RVS teachers, their home schools will continue to provide some resources and services to them.
- School supplies & Chromebook distribution: Elementary and middle school supplies and all student Chromebooks will be distributed through your student’s home school. Many schools have begun sharing the schedule for these events. If you have not received any information from your child’s home school or missed the scheduled day, please contact the school.
- Counseling: RVS students will continue to be served by counselors at their home school. This includes social-emotional support, course scheduling and college and career planning.
- Special Education: Any RVS student receiving special education services will continue to receive those supports through their home school. Families should contact their child’s IEP team with any questions about those services.
- Activities & Athletics: No in-person student activities or athletics are currently allowed at this time due to COVID-19 community conditions. RVS students will be eligible to participate in athletics at their home schools when practices and competitions resume. They may participate in student clubs and other activities conducted virtually in coordination with their home school.
- Student Meal Pick-Up: All RVS students may visit one of the district’s student meal distribution sites each Friday beginning Sept. 4 to pick up a weekly meal packet. Information about distribution sites, times and prices will be available at www.rsd.edu.
Thank you for joining us on this journey into fully online learning.
Dr. Jesse Buchholz
Director of Online Learning